Next-Gen Ethernet Strategic Planner
Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) team as a Next-Gen Ethernet Strategic Planner!
Join Intel and engineer the future! Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
As a Next-Gen Ethernet Strategic Planner, you will be part of Intel's Ethernet Networking Division ND Planning and Marketing team and help drive next generation high-speed Ethernet controllers. You will play a central role in helping Intel develop exciting new datacenter opportunities by defining Ethernet requirements across Cloud, Technical Computing, Storage and Communications. While defining the roadmap, you will identify Intel networking requirements for the Server Platform, CPU's, chipsets, and develop business strategies, as well as recommend investments and partnerships to execute your vision.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead DCG requirements definition for hardware and software features for future networking solutions, including networking silicon and impact to CPUs, platforms and chipsets.
- Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations on which to pursue.
- Work closely with customers and partners to collect future product requirements.
- Manage complex feature, schedule, cost, and performance tradeoffs.
- Coordinate strategies with product planning and marketing team members.
- Build expert knowledge of the datacenter industry and competition.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 6 years of industry experience or a Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 4 years of industry experience, or a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 2 years of industry experience.
- 5 plus years of experience in architecture, design, and/or product management of datacenter networking or compute solutions.
- 4 plus years of experience and technical knowledge of datacenter architecture and the interaction with massively scaled applications, servers, networking, and storage infrastructure.
- 2 plus years of additional experience defining business strategies and technical product requirements with successful execution.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Self-starter who can identify new business opportunities based on end-user needs, translate the needs into technical product requirements, and prioritize investments.
- Experience in Intel Architectural Planning with demonstrated knowledge of the POP process and how to successfully drive it to completion.
- Success in leading complex, cross-organization teams to deliver business results.
- Excellent customer communication and collaboration skills.
- Mix of creativity and analytical business skills with a demonstrated ability to get results.
- Public speaking experience and satisfaction.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Arizona, Phoenix; California, Santa Clara;
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.