TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, TN NICU Respiratory Therapist
TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 657-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women's services. An affiliate of TriStar Health, TriStar Centennial Medical Center's 43-acre campus is home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, TriStar Centennial Women's Hospital, The Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at TriStar Centennial Medical Center and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion.
The Neonatal Respiratory Department provides services for the neonatal population in the NICU as well as the Intermediate Nursery. High-Risk delivery support is provided and the therapists are also members of the inter-hospital transport team. They will also offer support and assistance to the PICU/Peds therapist as needed. A TJC and State Licensed Blood Gas Laboratory is fully supported and maintained by the Neonatal & Pediatric Respiratory Department. Centennial Medical Center
is currently looking for a NICU Respiratory Therapist. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served as per Scope of Service.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Utilizes critical thinking for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care appropriately
1. . Demonstrated experience with each of the required areas of expertise in section 1.
2. Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patients, guests, physicians, and other employees.
3. Graduate of an accredited AMA School of Respiratory Therapy
4. Current licensure by Tennessee Board for Respiratory Care
5. Current BLS certification (other certifications as required per Provision of Care for area of employment)
6. NRP certification required within 6 months of employment
7. STABLE certification required within 6 months of employment
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom