The Night Team Leader is accountable for providing support or our production and personnel within their shift. The Night Team Leader is expected to understand what is necessary for their team to successfully grow and develop. The Night Team Leader also manages and oversees all shift operations in a manner that enhances the plant's safety, engagement, cost, productivity, efficiency, quality, and customer service. The Team Leaders is expected to drive continuous improvement efforts brought up on shift all the way through to completion.Reports to
: Production LeaderSpan of Control
: 10 to 15 Primary employeesJOB RESPONSIBILITIES1. Lives the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
2. Customer Satisfaction and Quality Commitments
- Ensure a safe work environment through strict adherence to OC safety policies and procedures
- Educate and coach shift on safe operating procedures and behaviors, and provide reinforcement and feedback where appropriate to drive desired behaviors
- Effectively communicate Owens Corning's stand on safety throughout the Operations Department to ensure employees believe in and behave in a manner that supports our stand that all accidents are preventable, safety is everyone's responsibility, and that working safely is a condition of employment at Owens Corning
- Drive Continuous improvement in the areas of Safety and Housekeeping
- Reports any unsafe act, condition, accident or injury immediately to supervisor(s). Understands and follows the lock-out procedure.
3. Lead and develop talent.
- Understand and communicate customer expectations throughout the Operations Department, and ensure all products meet customer standards and requirements
- Develop shifts knowledge around customer needs
- Develop Standard Work for areas that directly correlate to Quality
- Perform root cause analysis with the involvement of operators on all quality issues
- Train shift on problem solving skills, and coach through resolution
- Participate in customer visits (both onsite and at customer locations) to better understand customer needs and requirements
4. Achieve plant cost targets.
- Enforce accountability for corporate policies and procedures
- Provide candid feedback on expectations and performance to shift
- Actively participate in Training Qualifications and Opportunities
- Develop Performance Plans for shift
- Establish an engaged workforces characterized by mutual trust, open communication, teamwork and recognition
- Provide vacation coverage for shift as necessary
5. Execute administrative processes.
- Leverage standard work to minimize variation and waste
- Develop rework plans and a reporting system
- Drive waste costs down by standardizing job changes
- Overtime Data collection and analysis
- Troubleshoot issues to get to root causes and corrective actions
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Verify payroll records using Kronos
- Drive Overtime needs to a minimum
- Create work notifications for outstanding issues (corrective actions or proactive measures)
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in manufacturing, industrial, or related environment required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of leadership / supervisory experience preferred.
- High School Degree, GED, or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to travel, as required (0 - 5%).
- Computer Proficiency, MS Excel, MS Word, Kronos, SAP & IPOP
- Process and Mechanical Aptitude
- Ability to coach and drive results through others.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of management and all primary employees.
- Possesses strong business and financial acumen.
- Ability to effectively drive for results in a union environment.