Under general supervision of the Operations Manager or other management-level position within the facility primarily responsible for planning coordinating controlling and managing warehouse operations (nights) and ensuring compliance with company federal and state regulations regarding controlled substances pharmaceuticals hazardous and flammable materials.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the selection training and performance management for the Distribution Center associates in the warehouse during the night shift; tracks and monitors daily attendance and overtime.
- Directs warehouse activities at night to ensure efficient and economical utilization of facilities for storing and distributing inventory.
- Responsible for efficient operation of picking checking packing loading and shipping departments.
- Responds to production problems and implements solutions.
- Enforces compliance with all appropriate policies procedures safety rules and DEA regulations.
- Studies current and future needs of the Company as it relates to the management of picking packing and loading; develops and recommends improvements in current warehouse practices to promote efficiency accuracy faster service and lower costs.
- Reviews tracks and analyzes Critical Success Measures and compares the results with the targets on a regular basis; develops and implements plans for improvement in areas such as shipping errors incomplete orders and overall service levels.
- Maintains process management teamwork productivity measurements and quality control.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of the department budget and ensures warehouse operations with approved budget; manages associates and warehouse supplies to operate within the departmental budget.
- May interact with customers in resolving licensing and miscellaneous issues.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as needed in order to meet productivity goals.
- Must be willing to participate in physical inventory as scheduled.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience including at least two (2) years at a supervisory level.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good negotiating skills
- Good decision making skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of ABC warehouse operations
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to resolve warehouse operation issues effectively and efficiently
- Knowledge of computers to operative effectively with Outlook PowerPoint Word and Excel.