A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas Priority Nitrogen, the industry's best choice for an uninterrupted supply of quality nitrogen, state-of-the-art pumping equipment, and an unmatched safety record, is seeking experienced Nitrogen Operators for field work.
Nitrogen Operators support the company through safe, legal, and courteous operations of our nitrogen pumping equipment. Our operators complete extensive training to safely and efficiently operate nitrogen production and transport equipment. Following training, operators are expected to understand and conform to DOT and company policies regarding safe operations and maintenance of the equipment operated during the normal course of work. Operators are required to be on-call and could be in the field on assignment for 28 consecutive days. Operators are expected to work under supervision of experienced Airgas Nitrogen Operators while on location. Position expectations include driving company equipment to and from worksite locations, maintenance of field equipment, rigging up/down pumps, and loading/unloading bulk nitrogen tanks. Mechanical experience on fracturing, coil tubing, or nitrogen pumping equipment is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Perform general maintenance and repair on field and transport equipment.
• Operate nitrogen pumps and supporting equipment.
• Assist with rig up / rig down activities on the job site.
• Safely operate tankers and transport trucks.
• Provide support to other transport drivers and operators as requested.
• Following training, safely rig up for each service job.
• Complete Hazardous Materials Shipping Documents, job reports, service tickets, maintenance reports, DOT logs, and all mandatory paperwork.
• Understand and adhere to all DOT Regulations and guidelines.
• Coordinate, track, and provide professional customer service when delivering Liquid Nitrogen to customer sites during service hours.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school or equivalent education preferred but not required
• Must be able to travel nationally and be away from home for extended periods of time.
• Class A CDL with Hazmat and Tankers endorsement required. (Hazmat endorsement permitted to be obtained after hire.)
• Must possess valid TWIC card.
• Prefer two years Class A vehicle driving experience.
• Must be able to safely operate a forklift, pickup truck, company car, and tractor-trailer.
• Must have work experience with hydraulic equipment, diesel engines, cryogenic pumps, tanks, and transport equipment.
• Extensive: 28 consecutive days traveling nationally to pumping sites.
• Must be available for a 24 hour on-call schedule.
• Must be willing to work a 28 days on and 7 days off schedule.
• Physical requirements include reaching above shoulder, grasping, extensive standing, walking, bending, squats, kneeling, twisting, turning and climbing. And routinely lift, carry, push and pull 10 - 40 lbs. and occasionally lift, carry, push and pull 40 - 100 lbs.
• Requires working outside in unfavorable weather conditions.
• Requires long hours sitting while driving.
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write and correspondence in English.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.