• Perform general maintenance and repair on field and transport equipment.
• Operate nitrogen pumps and supporting equipment.
• Assist with rig up / rig down activities on the job site.
• Safely operate tankers and transport trucks.
• Provide support to other transport drivers and operators as requested.
• Following training, safely rig up for each service job.
• Complete Hazardous Materials Shipping Documents, job reports, service tickets, maintenance reports, DOT logs, and all mandatory paperwork.
• Understand and adhere to all DOT Regulations and guidelines.
• Coordinate, track, and provide professional customer service when delivering Liquid Nitrogen to customer sites during service hours.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must be available to work in the field on assignment for 28 consecutive days with 7 days off
• Must be able to safely operate a forklift, pickup truck, company car, and tractor-trailer.
• Must have work experience with hydraulic equipment, diesel engines, cryogenic pumps, tanks, and transport equipment.
• Must be available for a 24 hour on-call schedule.
• Prefer 1 Year experience operating or assisting in nitrogen operations or pumping
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High school or equivalent education preferred but not required
• Prefer 2 years of Class A Commercial vehicle Driving experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver License with tanker endorsements
• Must obtain a Hazmat Endorsement and TWIC card within 90 days of hire date
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS :
• Extensive: 28 consecutive days working nationally to pumping sites.
• Overnight stay required
• Basic knowledge of computer systems and able to use the Internet.
• Onboard computer system on some vehicles.
• Webcam on some vehicles
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, maps, gauges and telemetry, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
• Maintains contact with Senior Operation Technicians to receive instructions.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to routinely lift, carry, push and pull 10 - 40 lbs., and occasionally lift, carry, push and pull 41 - 100 lbs.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and smell.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• The associate must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by DOT regulations for drivers.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.