The primary function of this job is to safely deliver liquid nitrogen to assigned customer locations. Communicate daily with district manager and field supervisor to ensure customer service levels and efficiency of operations. Embody the Airgas Nitrogen Services safety culture and adherence to DOT rules and regulations. DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
: Includes the following but not limited to:
- Performs pre and post trip inspections on truck according to DOT and company maintenance checklist
- Complies with all company policies, safety policies and procedures, and DOT and OSHA requirements
- Completes all company, state and federal required training including Smith Safe, Cone and G.O.A.L. programs
- Maintains truck cleanliness and performs general maintenance on equipment as needed.
- Willing to drive company vehicles to national field locations, operate equipment in all types of weather conditions, and adhere to schedule determined by client demand.
- Read maps and follows written and verbal geographic directions.
- Maintain required DOT, Federal, State and company records including handwritten logs or digital logs, hours of service, payroll hours, vehicle inspections, job and maintenance reports, service tickets, and shipping manifests according to state and federal DOT regulations.
- Maintain appropriate driver's license with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements.
- Communicate with manager regarding progress, obstacles, issues, and process improvement suggestions.
- Other functions as directed by supervisor
: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge", skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
The successful candidate will possess:
EDUCATION and/or Experience:
- Solid organizational, team-building and people skills. The ability to work and navigate within a complex matrixed organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
- Calm and professional demeanor, in control of workload and able to handle multiple tasks and interruptions.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Attention to detail with ability to organize and prioritize workflow.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures properly
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- One year of bulk trailer/ tanker driving experience within the last four years.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift, pickup truck/company car and tractor trailer.
- Basic knowledge of cryogenic pumps, tanks, transports, hydraulic equipment and diesel engines preferred
- Knowledge of industrial gases desired
• Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver License with tanker endorsements
• Must obtain a Hazmat Endorsement and TWIC card within 90 days of hire date MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be available to work in the field on assignment for 28 consecutive days.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for 10-14 hours daily; frequent bending also required.
- Able to talk, hear, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
- Ability to routinely lift, carry, push and pull 10 - 55 lbs., and occasionally push and pull 56 - 100 lbs..
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work extended hours/weekend, plus overnight stays are necessary.
- Webcam (DriveCam) on vehicles
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy
- May be exposed to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts.
- Drug-free, tobacco-free workplace
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.