NITROGEN TANKER/TRANSPORT DRIVER:
• Safety First Culture: Safely drive Class A Nitrogen Tanker Truck to destination and operate equipment on vehicle to safely load or unload nitrogen.
• Responsible: Responsible for pre- and post-trip inspections, and adhering to Smith Safe, Cone and G.O.A.L. programs and practices.
• Detail Oriented: Maintain records using handwritten logs or on-board computer that includes hours of service, vehicle inspections, job and maintenance reports, service tickets, and shipping manifests according to state and federal DOT regulations.
• Team Member: Provide support to other transport drivers and operators as required.
• Good Housekeeping: Maintains truck cleanliness and performs general maintenance on equipment as needed.
• Flexibility: Must be willing to drive company vehicles to national field locations, operate equipment in all types of weather conditions, and adhere to schedule determined by client demand.
• Direction: Read maps and follows written and verbal geographic directions. QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must be available to work in the field on assignment for 28 consecutive days.
• Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for 10-14 hours daily; frequent bending also required.
• Must be able to work extended hours/weekend, plus overnight stays are necessary.
• Must be able to safely operate a forklift, pickup truck/company car and tractor trailer.
• Basic knowledge of cryogenic pumps, tanks, transports, hydraulic equipment and diesel engines preferred.
• Upon hire all new drivers must successfully complete the following Airgas Tanker Training:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Attend 40 hours of classroom training
- Successfully pass a written test with 90% or better and correct to 100% with a trainer.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required DRIVING EXPERIENCE:
• 1 year driving experience operating a tanker CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver License with tanker endorsements
• Must obtain a Hazmat Endorsement and TWIC card within 90 days of hire date TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
• Extensive: 28 consecutive days working nationally to pumping sites.
• Overnight stay required. COMPUTER SKILLS:
• Basic knowledge of computer systems and able to use the Internet.
• Onboard computer system on some vehicles.
• Webcam on some vehicles COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, maps, gauges and telemetry, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
• Maintains contact with Senior Operation Technicians to receive instructions. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to routinely lift, carry, push and pull 10 - 40 lbs., and occasionally lift, carry, push and pull 41 - 100 lbs.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and smell.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• The associate must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by DOT regulations for drivers. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.