Location: Montvale, New Jersey
Posted: November 25, 2016
Reference ID: 787529870
1. Reads and interprets blueprints or works from verbal or written instructions and or from the part to be copied or fitted.
2. Plans the setup and operation of all types of machine shop tools.
3. Heat treats as required.
4. Use precision measuring and gaging tools performing required inspection before, during and after machining.
5. Performs hand operations involved in producing jigs, fixtures. Uses hand tools of the trade.
6. Fits and assembles jigs, fixtures.
1. May assist Toolmakers and Maintenance in punch press overhaul.
2. May work with Maintenance providing input to manufacturing capability for the fabrication and repair of machines
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Completion of formal apprenticeship program or completion of in-company 5-year training program to satisfaction of Plant Training Committee.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING:
1. High school graduate
2. 2 years experience as a Machinist
Stamping, EDM, Maintenance, Casting, Extruding and Rolling