As a member of the Ground operations team, the network administrator (Traffic Shaping) will be a multi-talented individual, developing and configuring packet shaping appliances and applications; ensuring that systems are in compliance with service level agreements, high availability/fault tolerance expectations and business/continuity/disaster recovery requirements. The network administrator will work closely with the senior staff developing design documentation, testing proof of concepts, creating and implementing change requests, and troubleshooting complex, ISP level operational issues.
• Participate in the design, testing, and implementation of the PAC packet shaping infrastructure.
• Use metrics and traffic flow data to identify trends and behaviors that may have an adverse impact on SLA's.
• Stay abreast of new technologies and provide recommendations and business cases for procurement and implementation.
• Contribute to the development of training procedures and technical reports.
• Test and provide recommendations for End of Life equipment replacement, security updates, and new technologies.
• Evaluate performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency
• Manage installation, configuration, and maintenance of and traffic shaping devices.
• Proactively monitor the health of the packet shaping infrastructure and respond to events as defined by the PAC escalation procedures.
• Provide remote support to field deployed administrators and field engineers installing or updating new packet shaping devices.
• Act as an escalation point for issues stemming from blocking or allowing content not in-line with the customers policies.
• Create and maintain technical documentation in alignment with Panasonic Avionics Corporation standards.
• Contribute to RFQ reviews for new business opportunities.
• Participate in business requirement meetings with stakeholders.
• Analyze, monitor, document and troubleshoot business processes for optimal performance, in compliance with customer requirements and management awareness.
• Respond to escalated trouble tickets in a timely fashion and in compliance with Panasonic service standards.
• Provide on-call 24/7/365 support on production systems, (in rotation with other staff)
• Palo Alto Networks
• Application Firewall (2050, 3050)
• Application Command Center (Panorama)
• PacketShaper (900, 1200)
• Proxy SG (600-35, 900-30)
• Policy Center
• Intelligence Center
• PTS (Policy Traffic Switch)
• SDE/PCRF (Service Delivery Engine)
• SPB (Subscriber Policy Broker)
• Palo Alto Networks
• PAN OS 7.1.0 +
• PacketShaper: PacketWise 9.2.0 +
• Proxy SG: SGOS 220.127.116.11 +
• SandScript Policy Language
• GigaVUE-OS 4.6.00
• Centos, RedHat
• Programming Languages
• Experience with network monitoring protocols and tools such as Solar Winds, SNMP, Wireshark, Pcap, Cacti.
• Excellent verbal/interpersonal, written, presentation and customer relationship communication skills.
• Knowledge of wireless access technologies such as: WiFi, LTE and satellite communications characteristics and their impact on network protocol and architecture design.
• Understanding of Cisco switches, routers, ASA firewalls, and Juniper devices.
• Advanced skills in troubleshooting and tuning preferred.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• College diploma or university degree in a Technical Major, such as Engineering or Computer Science; equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
• 5 to 8 years relevant packet shaping design/development/integration experience
• ISP, cellular, satellite & terrestrial communication background experience highly desired
Must have or Equivalent work experience:
uf0a7 Palo Alto Network Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE)
uf0a7 Blue Coat Security Certified Administrator
uf0a7 Blue Coat Visibility and Control Security Certified Administrator
uf0a7 Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
uf0a7 Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE)
uf0a7 Blue Coat Security Certified Professional
uf0a7 Blue Coat Visibility and Control Security Certified Professional
uf0a7 Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Certifications or Equivalent work experience:
• Ability to operate in cold and noisy environments for extended periods of time (Data Centers).
• Domestic ( • May be required to lift up to 30 pounds.
• Current passport in good standing
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1502117
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.