TEKsystems is supporting a Large, Enterprise- Level Client Local to Wichita in interviewing Network Operation Technicians for a Contract-For-Hire Position
Required Skills:2+ Years experience in Network Operations, Monitoring and Management protocolsExperience with enterprise / managed service provider network solutions including Local Area Network (LAN), different Wide Area Network (WAN), Wireless, and Virtual Private Networks (VPN) technologies.Practical experience with all common transport and routing protocols with a specific emphasis on BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) and OSPF being desirable.Automation / Scripting experiencePrior experience with the administration and troubleshooting of large enterprise networks or large managed service provider network.
Candidates must be willing to work a rotating shift, including Nights/Weekends.
- Works in a large-scale networking environment under minimal supervision performing tasks per predefined documented procedures.
- Monitor 600+ network interfaces and 11,000 total monitored devices, domestic and international via a network performance monitoring solution.
- Work with third party vendors both during routine deployment and outages providing first level troubleshooting and problem resolution including defined escalation processes.
- Ensure escalations are handled in a professional, consistent, and relentless manner.
- Responsible for application job monitoring and restarts utilizing multiple job scheduling software systems.
- Documents, tracks and monitors various platform issues including environmental and access to data centers.
*Not available for C2C at this time*
For more information, please contact Stephanie ClarkAbout TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.