Who loves food?
The world of foodservice is transforming and the pace of change is increasing. At Unilever Food Solutions, we develop great-tasting products made with ingredients that are sustainably sourced. Our nutrition and innovation programs ensure we improve nutritional profiles without compromising on taste or quality. This approach is part of our heritage and is firmly embedded in our business strategy.
We have a strong passion for Chefmanship and for living our purpose of “Freeing Chefs to Love what they do”. We deliver on food that tastes good, does good and doesn’t cost the earth.
Chefmanship is a differentiating capability, key to Unilever Food Solutions in winning in the marketplace, with quality products and smart, strategic applications.
The Non Commercial Channel Chef will be a part of a dynamic and flexible team where people are empowered to take ownership and responsibility in order to deliver results. Working closely with the sales team and cross-functional capabilities to build and extend relationships with key noncommercial customers. They will be the culinary voice providing culinary needs/insights and guidance to grow our company’s reputation and sales.
- The noncommercial Chef will support all strategic noncommercial customers (catering, airlines, commissary kitchens etc.), meeting clear growth business targets.
- They will forge and, establish and grow the Chef to Chef relationships creating menu inspirations, dish solutions and recipe development with our products in mind.
- They will conduct training with key customers, as agreed upon in advance, that will link our products to the customer’s needs as well as bring culinary expertise.
- Proficient knowledge of food safety, food handling and HACCP is a must
- Knowledge and understanding of world cuisines and up scaling recipes, ability to adopt concepts to catering format
- They will actively build and maintain excellent working partnerships with key business partners. They will be an integral part of the North American Chefs team, building a state of the art capability.
- Cooking and tasting skills
- Ability to translate customer and market insights into relevant culinary inspiration.
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- Basic knowledge of product development (all categories).
- Communicative – able to communicate and sell ideas in different ways to different operators
- Able to gather information from different sources (local and regional) and translate those into business relevant insights and foresights.
- Excellent knowledge of English (Spanish is a benefit)
- Teaching/Training skills.
- Digital savvy
- Basic computer usage (PPT, excel, word)
- Fully qualified chef, with at least 5 years’ relevant experience in the food industry or foodservice market, preferably hotel or catering
- Prior experience as a trainer or in sales will be an advantage.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays. Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.