Job Description Summary:
The primary purpose of the position is to pick full case orders and load them onto pallets. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal law. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Experience / Requirements
- Identify the location number, product description, and case pack on order labels to pick bulk quantities of merchandise for store orders.
- Pick bulk quantities of merchandise from the inventory, place them on pallets, and put them on the conveyor system for transport to the loading area.
- Remove empty pallets from the picking locations.
- Identify damaged items and either repair them or transport them to the damage area; turn in a list of these items so they can be counted.
- Pick up ticket backings, shrink-wrap, slip-sheets, and pick tickets to maintain the cleanliness of the area.
- Must be 18 years of age due to work environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions/procedure manuals; can speak effectively.
- Committee to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated
- Able to preserve confidentiality of information
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work extended hours
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus minimal warehouse experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A little about us:
We create caring moments by delivering what matters most to our customers.