Aviation Supply Chain
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE looks for innovation everywhere.For 130 years, GE has been at the forefront of innovation, but finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the solution! Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging.Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Non Destructive Test Lead Engineer/Technologist
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Lynn, Dayton, Evendale, Terre Haute
The Non Destructive Test Lead Engineer/Technologist demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes for an area or business segment. Has the experience or expertise to solve problems. Able to develop and execute objectives for self and others. This role has the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
* Responsible for surveillance of NDE personnel certification program
* Train NDE Level 1 and 2 inspectors
* Provide NDE technical support to the shop for various methods
* Implement NDE techniques and planning on the shop floor
* Coordinate implementation of NDE MRB activities
* Perform site assessments and leadership in outside agency audits
* Maintain processes and equipment needed to support next generation manufacturing processes
* Work closely with Quality and Manufacturing Engineering organizations meeting all business commitments
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Quality).
* Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Quality or Manufacturing.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Technical or Associates degree in NDE or 5+ years of experience in various methods
* NAS-410 Level 3 certification in various methods
* Documented NDE training and certification records
* Greenbelt or Blackbelt certification or extensive quality experience
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Computer Science
* Extensive NDE application skills with 10+ years of experience
* Strong teamwork skills or experience in a teaming environment
* Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
PLEASE NOTE: location can be Dayton, Evendale, Terre Haute or Lynn.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.