Due to Climate change, agriculture is facing risks requiring more resilience, better yield and less emission. With this, the agriculture chain requires a clear international commitment to provide the essential long term signal for decision making and business strategies.
The Conference of Parties 21 (COP21) - United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in Paris, where a new climate agreement will be brokered, will be a decisive moment in making the transition to a low-carbon economy. As co-chairs of the Low Carbon Technology Partnership Initiative (LCTPi) Action 2020 led by the WBCSD, we need to ensure a good understanding of the opportunity we have to be part of the solution. Good communication is key to accelerate this process.
This summer internship will be working as part of our team towards a global update related to the Action 2020 - WBCSD priorities areas.
Priority area :
- Monsanto is co-chairing Low Carbon Technology Partnership Initiative - with the Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) process, led by WBCSD. Priorities areas part of this process are " No-deforestation" and "Scaling up Finance in agriculture". We have actions related to this process across the world. The person will prepare a summary about our actions and partnership related to these two priorities areas.
Other areas :
- Resilience - Water (with the WBCSD and United Nation CEO Water mandate),
- Ecosystems (with the WBCSD)
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at a 4 year accredited US based institution with plans to return to your program (or an advanced degree) following this assignment
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience working with Multi-Stakeholders Partnerships
- International experience
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.