This is an individual contributor role responsible for defining, planning, tracking and managing projects and or business activities within the Global Logistics Organization. The qualified candidate will identify project objectives, effectively partner and lead projects within a matrix, multi-site, global, cross functional team consisting of representatives from operations, sourcing, , legal, finance, and other internal and/or external organizations as required. The role will require the contributor to complete projects on time and within budget and maintain required levels of quality within the project. Must ensure appropriate management, customer and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project. Typically manages multiple projects and or business activities.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in logistics, supply chain management or relevant technical/analytical discipline.
- Strategic leadership experience within a global organization and has a comprehensive understanding of the domestic and international supply chain for transportation, warehousing, and crating/packaging operations.
- Lean and Six Sigma experience preferred
- Supply chain management, materials management, manufacturing processes, business/finance, and project/program management.
- Specific commodity knowledge of international and domestic Transportation (heavyweight air, ocean, parcel ground/air, and truckload), Warehousing, Crating and other related Logistics activities deemed necessary to support a World Class Global Supply Chain
- Ability to build and lead cross-functional teams, strong matrix management ability, relationship building ability, presentation skills, and influencing skills.
- Requires strong project management and leadership skills as well as demonstrated expertise in problem solving, change management and time management.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, communication (both written & verbal), and organizational skills, with the ability to analyze complex situations quickly.
- Proven financial and business acumen are paramount
- Requires proficiency with MS Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook, Visio, etc.
- BA/BS in business, engineering, logistics, or other related field required
- MBA preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally required
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.