The Applied Materials Project Status (PS) organization's primary objective is to enhance cross functional communication in an NPI manufacturing environment by providing guidance to product teams with their material needs during R&D and pilot builds. The PS team member acts as the single point of contact to provide material status updates to Executives, Program Managers, Operations Managers, and NPI Manufacturing. PS team member also provides guidance to Engineering, Buyers, the Change Control Board, and Expeditors to ensure material arrives when needed. The PS team member is a visible leader who may be responsible for multiple programs/projects for multiple Business Units.
Following are some of the common activities that a PS team member is expected to perform:
- Attend/Lead daily project level material requirement review meetings
- Align with Manufacturing and/or Engineering on material requirements
- Communicate requirements to Buyers, Supplier Reps, Materials Program Managers and Commodity Business Managers
- Gather and analyze information within an MRP system, Excel, Access, and other databases
- Escalate as necessary when requirements are not met
- Effectively communicate material shortages effecting the schedule
- Co-ordinate material transfer from Engineering to inventory, and inventory to Engineering
- Track receipts and approvals for financial reporting purposes
- Identify long lead items to facilitate early procurement initiatives
- Support material transactions (for example, pulling a part from stock)
- Work with Buyers to manage inventory transition between Manufacturing sites
- Requires solid leadership, communication, problem solving, teamwork, change management, project management, customer orientation, personal effectiveness, and attention to detail
- Requires knowledge of systems and software necessary to perform job function such as MRP/ERP, Advanced Spreadsheet manipulation, and many other Manufacturing specific programs
- Ability to present in small and large groups is critical to success in this position
- BS/BA with emphasis in Supply Chain, Operations, or Project Management
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.