Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in providing innovative equipment, services and software to enable the manufacture of advanced semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic products. Our technologies help make innovations like smartphones, flat screen TVs and solar panels more affordable and accessible to consumers and businesses around the world.
The Pilot Operations organization supports new product development by providing resources and capability to commercialize customer solutions. As the execution "engine" of product development Pilot Ops has dedicated talent specializing in manufacturing technology, supplier development, as well as new product materials and new product production. Joining the Pilot team offers significant career opportunities to contribute to the pace of Applied Materials growth, and increasing the velocity of high quality customer solutions. Key Responsibilities
Looking for an outstanding Pilot Operations Program Manager who excels in a fast paced, dynamic team environment. Primary responsible for driving high quality commercialization of R&D products for our Silicon Systems product business units, located in Santa Clara, California and Austin, Texas. This is an incredible opportunity for a motivated, energetic Program Manager to:
- Lead a matrixed operational team of New Product Mfg Engrs, Material Proj Managers, DFX Engr, Mfg Engrs, Supplier Engineering, Procurement, and Mfg PMs
- Align with Product Management team to develop and execute product commercialization strategy and plan
- Engage Engineering team to analyze design and identify product improvements for enhanced volume manufacturability
- Manage risk exposure to the division through analysis of production maturity
- Interface with Business Operations on execution of division operational strategy
- Engage Pilot Manufacturing to ensure early learning builds meet target milestones
- Resolve business process operational issues between the Business Unit, Pilot Operations, and Volume Production
- Initiate and lead Operations Strategic Initiatives
- Drive Product Life Cycle operational deliverables for Business Unit programs
- Prepare and present complex technical and/or high level presentations to Business Unit and Mfg executive management
- Periodic Travel is required between Applied Materials offices in Santa Clara, CA, Austin, TX, and Singapore and others.
- 7-10 Years of Experience in high tech capital equipment product development, commercialization, and manufacturing
- Project Management certification in PgMP, PMP or related program such as Stanford APM
- Semiconductor industry experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree, Advanced degree (MBA) preferred
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.