Job Description: In this position, you will be working as a member of the Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) Solutions Group's (NSG's) Technology Development Quality and Reliability (TD Q&R) team, helping to develop Intel's new emerging NVM technologies (such as 3D XPointTM) and SSD products, focusing on NVM array reliability: degradation of key parameters due to write and read endurance cycling; and various data retention and disturb mechanisms. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Determining reliability requirements and technology targets of components and systems to achieve company, customer and other reliability objectives;
- Designing and executing experiments to identify, segment, characterize and model NVM array reliability mechanisms;
- Developing empirical and physics-based predictive reliability modeling methods and tools for reliability risk assessments;
- Developing new acceleration techniques, test methods and analytical tools to provide fast and effective feedback for process, product and test optimization on reliability issues;
- Influencing design, process, product, test and/or system solutions in order to enable aggressive scaling of Intel's NVM technologies and exploration of novel memory cells;
- Developing the appropriate process- and product-qualification stress methods and criteria;
You may be expected to lead small cross-functional and cross-company groups of engineers on multi-disciplinary technical projects to solve complex reliability issues- such as, during technology development and ramp to high-volume manufacturing. You may also be expected to supervise a small team of engineers and/or technicians.
Minimum Qualifications: You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
-You must have a Master of Science or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or Information Systems.
- Basic solid understanding of semiconductor device physics, materials science, probability and statistics, electrical circuits, semiconductor processing, and quantum physics
- 3 (PhD) to 6 (MS) years' experience outside academia relevant to non-volatile memory technology development
-Prior Intel Intern or Scholarship recipient, Intel full-time experience
3 years of experience programming (C or C , PERL or Python)
3 years of experience in non-volatile memories, especially in product or device or reliability engineering
3 years of experience with a range of analytical lab test equipment such as logic analyzer/oscilloscopes, semiconductor parametric analyzer (CV-IV), memory testers, SEM/TEM/IREM.
3 years of experience with reliability failure statistics, physics, or reliability failure mechanisms.
3 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: CMOS transistor level circuit design, semiconductor device physics, memory reliability, interconnect reliability, computer or digital systems, or board level design.
3 years of experience with statistical analysis packages (e.g. R, JMP or Minitab)
3 years of experience in programming for testing, preferably of memories , and data acquisition, reduction and analysis
Knowledge of semiconductor fabrication process, packaging assembly, test and/or board/system level technology operation
Ability for systematic analytical problem solving, attention to details and quality of the technical work
Demonstrated creativity and innovation in solving technical problems
Affinity for cross-disciplinary work
Demonstrated leadership to assume the authority, energize teams and advocate for new ideas
Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Demonstrated persistence and commitment to achieving results
Ability to clearly communicate achieved results and to influence wide range of audiences
Ability to work well in a team setting with people from a wide range of backgrounds
Ability to understand the high level picture and apply systems thinking to generate solutions
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.