GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Commercial
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Why join one great company when you can join many? We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team.
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry-from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it's The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability. We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.Learn more about GE Oil and Gas Today!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
North America Digital Solutions Commercial Operations Leader
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The North America Digital Solutions Commercial Operations Leader will play an essential role in the growth of the North America O&G Region. This role contributes to the overall strategy and manages complex issues within functional areas of expertise.
As the Commercial Operations Leader you will own the commercial and risk strategy for the overall Digital Solutions product/solution portfolio across North America including projects, flow and customer care commercial activities. This position will report to the North America Oil & Gas Commercial Leader. Commercial responsibility includes ~$900M of Digital Solutions commercial proposal and ~$400M of order entry and order management activity.
In the role of North America Digital Solutions Commercial Operations Leader, you will:
* Lead a team of commercial operations, customer care and risk leaders (overall organization of 150+ commercial individuals) accountable for the overall commercial operations and strategy, orders volume and related pricing/profitability of the various Digital Solutions offerings
* Drive continuous improvement within commercial operations, customer care and risk management to support orders, sales and margin growth along with key metrics including proposal on time delivery, quality, cycle time, hit rate / win rate, PO and quote turnaround time, etc.
* Provide overall leadership to the deal process for Digital Solutions North America having the ability to structure creative, commercially and technically sound quality deals to exceed Customers expectations and increase win rate
* Be responsible for the development of the team members and lead the long term strategy of local autonomous operations and productivity improvement
* Demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives Lead the development of Digital Solutions proposals, driving configuration, timing, quality, and competitiveness to match customer CTQs
* Integrate and develop processes that meet business & regional needs across the organization
* Contribute to long-term planning for the Product Company, Function and Region
* Manage all aspects of contract management, including proposal development, risk management and mitigation, specification compliance, scope development, transactional pricing, customer negotiations, customer communications order entry, order management, issue resolution and overall commercial compliance
* Provide leadership and guidance during the deal review process to ensure that all technical risks, mitigation and business risks acceptance levels are properly incorporated in the development of the scope, cost and proposal wording to deliver safe and profitable contracts
* Interface with the Region Sales teams, Product Company, Global Supply Chain, etc. to develop commercial strategies and solutions that will meet customer requirements as well as meet or exceed business goals
* Coordinate the output of proposals to insure the production schedule dates are met and that a quality proposal is issued to the customer
* Develop appropriate Terms and Conditions for standard Customer proposals based on Risk / Reward Analysis
* Build training curriculum for Projects and Customer Care and develop strategies to retain regional talent and drive expertise
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
* Minimum 5 years of commercial and/or leadership experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
Experience with Salesforce.com, Oracle, SAP and other ERP systems
* Proven track record of broad leadership preferably in the sales/commercial function
* Strong Team Builder and Team Leader with expertise in interacting with Application Engineering, Engineering, Project Managment, Sales Force, Finance, Global Operations, Quality, etc.
* Proven capability to establish good relationship with customers, build mutual trust and effectively negotiate
* Strong business acumen
* Customer centric attitude
* Strong communication skills - externally and internally, at all levels in the organization
* Knowledge of Industrial, Oil & Gas and Power Generation markets and processes
* Strong presentation skills
* Motivated attitude with strong problem solving skills
* Minimum 10 years of experience in sales, commercial operations, contract negotiation
* Ability to quantify transaction value in various Customer business models
* Proven experience of legal and financial aspects of contracts and related terms and conditions
* Experience in leading and influencing global cross functional teams
* Six Sigma and Lean thinking
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Oil & Gas!
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.