Monsanto's Global Supply Chain Production Technology organization is looking for a North America Row CropPhase II Testing Lead
that will oversee cross regional advancement of experimental research to advance the germplasm pipeline, provide opportunities to improve crop production and incite manufacturing plant process improvements.
The North America Row Crop Production Phase II Testing Lead is a cross crop opportunity that will be located at a cross functional Monsanto Research Hub. This person will represent North American Production Research and be responsible for executing high quality field research through collaboration with site operation teams. The North America Row Crop Production Phase II Testing Lead will be responsible for field data collection, data quality, and specialized maintenance of Production Research field trials.
The North America Row Crop Production Phase II Testing Lead will oversee the cross regional evaluation research protocols elevated from Phase I. Regional Scientist reporting to the Phase II lead will include Waterman, IL; Huxley, IA, and Waco, NE. The production plant stakeholders included in this region include Waco, NE; Kearney; NE, Grinnell, IA; Boone, IA and Waterman. Additional research sites will include but are not limited to Williamsburg, IA.
The North America Row Crop Production Phase II Testing Lead will be the primary contact for a pair of local production plants to address questions, concerns, and research needs. The Phase II Testing Lead will also be a Production Research liaison to Breeding, Engineering and Climate at their regional locations. This will require involvement in the evolution of new technologies and future workflow development.
The position may be located at the Waterman, IL; Waco, NE; or the Huxley, IA location. The position will report to the North America Production Research Lead. Key Responsibilities:
- Oversee and contribute to the advancement of Phase II cross regional research
- Represent Production Research and Manufacturing interests at research hubs to meet field testing needs and help drive technology advancements
- Provide regional collaboration with Production Research Agronomist and greater Production Research team to meet the needs of local Manufacturing plants
- Drive high quality research, data and results to impact Manufacturing decisions and process
- Commitment to ISO, regulatory compliance and safety culture
- Understand and apply the benefits of precision agriculture, spatial data analysis, field imaging, and new technologies to high quality field research
- Ability to navigate Monsanto IT systems
- Strong communication skills necessary to conduct business in a positive, constructive, matrix environment
- Master's degree and/or PhD with 5+ years experience in agricultural science or related field
- Demonstrated success in managing agronomic research programs
- Strong record of innovation and applying new technology
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Dynamic leadership and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of plant physiology and field management practices
- Advanced IT and data analysis skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, results orientation
- Willingness and ability to travel (international and domestic) up to 25% of the time.
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.