Monsanto's North America Supply Chain Procurement team is looking for a North AmericaTrade Compliance Manager
to be primarily responsible for ensuring the overall compliance for the North America Trade & Compliance team (Oxnard, Woodland, Nampa, Warden, etc.). This role is responsible for any compliance related training and must ensure the timely arrival of shipments from foreign origins by making sure paperwork, internal systems, and the team has been trained on the accurate regulations.Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the continuous education of colleagues and staff on all domestic and international laws and regulations as it pertains to Trade and Compliance requirements.
- Provide regulatory refresher and new training to all colleagues and staff.
- Accountable for the proper filing and retention of all import/ export records and documents as per regulatory requirements.
- Manage, and communicate the information flow of US and foreign import/ export requirements for seed and non-seed shipments.
- Governance of internal orders and processes.
- Serve as one of the key and act as Primary Governmental Agency contacts relative to Trade Compliance. Emphasis is with Customs/ Agricultural Ministry and associated compliance oriented agencies Worldwide.
- Audit the Trade & Compliance department for proper procedures and order value as well as Special Requests.
- Work across World Regional Import/ Export/ Trade Compliance Units to ensure their processes are compliant in order to effectively move freight throughout the regional and global markets.
- Lead the standardization of reoccurring practices, standard operation procedure creating and updating, training and ongoing support to Foreign Trade Teams.
- Work across the universal Monsanto Company (MON, Crop Protection, Row Crop, MONVEG, etc.) to capitalize on shared learning to ensure relevant practices are adopted and implemented.
- Ensure that all product flow meets international trade compliance requirements and that document controls are in place to support full trade compliance.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures associated with Monsanto Vegetable trade compliance.
- Ensure all regional employees associated with trade compliance and supply chain operations are trained and accountable
- Connect with Manufacturing, Customer Service, Regulatory, Trait Development and Research to ensure compliance is understood, supported and effective.
- Connect with Customs and the Agricultural Ministries to stay current with legislation, regulation and to affect positive change with the help of Monsanto counterparts.
- Ensure Importing Country (customer) requirements can be met in a compliant and expedient manner.
- Own the role and its responsibility while helping others understand the importance.
- Participate on the Global Trade Compliance and Regional Networks.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1+ year supervisory or project leadership experience
- 3+ years experience and knowledgeable in Import, Export, Trade & Compliance, Shipping / Logisitics, or Transportation
- Experience in developing and auditing policy regarding classification, Schedule B, EAR, ECCN/ CCL, HTS, OFAC, Census, 3PL's (Forwarders/ Brokers) and POA requirements gathering.
- Ability to read and interpret documents associated with domestic and international shipping.
- Knowledge of trade of operations
- Proven experience in building cross-functional bridges to create awareness and ensure compliance is implemented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (with emphasis in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and strong computer skills
- Degree discipline in Business Administration, Logistics, Manufacturing, International Commerce, or related field
- Proven knowledge of USDA regulations pertaining to seed exports, Phytosanitary Certificates, and Certificates of Origin
- Ability to speak Spanish.
- Knowledge of Seed diseases for the US and foreign countries
- Phytosanitary work is a plus.
- SAP experience
- Brokers License
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.