Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales &Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
- The candidate will work with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across all disciplines within Operations and the firm to understand their priorities and align the outcome of the program with the organization's overall business goals
- Establish program budget and allocate resources in line with priorities
- Track and communicate program status to stakeholders
- Develop product, functional and system expertise for the given programs
- Manage team responsible for the project delivery
- Interface with Subject Matter Expert's and ensure the regulations, legal & compliance interpretation and business requirements are clearly documented and understood.
- Prepare user acceptance test cases, coordinate user testing and review test evidence with all the impacted stakeholders
- Identify and remediate delivery risks
- Bachelor's degree required
- More than seven years of experience in finance industry
- Proven track record of large scale change management within a regulatory reporting environment
- In depth understanding of the project management methodologies across the delivery life-cycle
- Experience in one or more Global Markets products in Debt or Equities
- Understanding of current regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of the front-to-back trade life-cycle
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving/process improvement skills; ability to learn quickly and solve poorly defined problems
- Ability to develop strong relationships and personal credibility with stakeholders and understand how their needs and requirements can be incorporated into the delivery of the solution
- Ability to excel in an environment of ambiguity by quickly adapting behavior and work methods to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.