At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon is looking for a Nuclear Oversite Site Audit Team lead to be based out of our Clinton Nuclear Power Station in Clinton, IL (Central IL)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide guidance and technical expertise to a team of professionals conducting regulatory required audits. Provide direction in the development of assessment/audit strategic plans, schedules and performance measurement including reports to ensure comprehensive and timely oversight. Assures that applicable regulatory requirements and commitments are met. Provides direct oversight and input to the rating of audit results, and prepares and provides input to comparative reports. Developes insights using analytical tools and provides feedback on team performance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible and accountable for performing fleet audits and communicating the results such that performance weaknesses are recognized and communicated as necessary to maintain fleet regulatory compliance and performance.
- Leads or participates in comprehensive audits of site organizations to assure program adequacy and implementation effectiveness. Conducts audit preparation including development of required checklists, briefings and writing final reports. Provides direction to team members to ensure effective communication of all deficiencies encountered during the oversight conducted. Participates with a team of auditors that travel to multiple sites to complete audits. Travel is typically limited to the home region; however, occasional travel may occur between the regions.
- Track and follow-up deficiencies and findings identified during audits, as assigned.
- Analyzes findings/issues/non-conformances identified during audits to determine program quality and identify performance trends. This analysis includes all available oversight results, both internal and external, and trending data. Results are communicated to senior management.
- Provides written and verbal briefings to Exelon Nuclear senior management regarding the scope, status, and conclusions of audits, which includes final site report responsibilities. Provides input and writes comparative audit reports as assigned. This includes the development of audit ratings based on performance observed and quantitative data.
- Provides input into improvements for the audit program. This input would include recommendation for the scoping, scheduling, and conduct of future audits.
- Perform special assignments and support other fleet NOS organization needs as assigned.
- Assures through research, communication, and industry knowledge that current regulatory requirements, codes and standards are utilized to effectively prepare and conduct audits.
- Provides site leadership and acts as a representative for the audit functions.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Science. A minimum of 10 years professional level experience in power plant design, operations, maintenance or other nuclear related activities with at least 3 years quality assurance related experience
-15 years experience in power plant design, operations, maintenance or other nuclear related activities with at least five (5) years being equivalent supervisory or Assessment related
- Demonstrated ability to interface with Senior Station Management and clearly communicate issues
- Lead Assessor/Audit Team Lead certification required within one year of assignment
- Previous supervisory experience
- Plans and leads audit activities in a specific area, function, or process. The position requires travel, primarily within the home region, to participate or lead an audit team that plans and audits various regulatory required functions at multiple sites. Reviews audit results to evaluate adequacy of programs and implementation effectiveness. Determine if an audit finding should be issued. Determine if, based on severity of identified issues, stop work of the program is required or recommended. Evaluates and analyzes performance issues to provide input to performance assessment. Assists in making determinations of audit performance. Provides feedback on performance to a team of auditors. This position functions as a lead over two auditors at a site.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster