Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2018. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
In order to deliver the gameplay experiences Blizzard is known for, we store a lot of data within our company's databases. We are seeking passionate applicants to work on the operational ecosystem around these databases. The primary function of a NoSQL Database Intern is to play a supporting role in the DB Engineering team. Typical duties are performing maintenance tasks (installs, upgrades, etc.) and contributing to our automation.Responsibilities:
- Install and configure database management software
- Patch and upgrade database management software
- Perform and produce documented DBA procedures
- Script and Automate operational tasks
- Contribute and Expand Knowledge Base resources
- Assist in configuring and maintaining database backups
- Submit service requests to software vendors and drive to resolution
- Utilize tools to monitor DB health
- Currently Enrolled in a college or university
- Authorized to work in the US
- Knowledge and strong experience with UNIX/Linux
- Understanding and practical experience with relational databases
- Understanding in NoSQL concepts
- Competent in scripting (e.g. Shell, Python)
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Understanding and experience with Cloud services such as AWS and OpenStack
- Experience with Ansible or Puppet
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than December 10, 2017.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.