• The incumbent will have gained experience having worked in multi functional teams in manufacturing sites on project delivery (either NPI projects, Quality improvement projects, capital projects or other).
• The incumbent will have gained experience of QbD and DtV by having participated in projects or preferably led projects or sub projects in multi functional teams on NPI projects, Quality improvement projects or technical transfer (geographic expansion) projects.
• The incumbent will have had experience of managing and engaging stakeholders, sharing and gaining agreements to proposals, through project Leadership.
• The incumbent will have a demonstrated ability to build credibility, influence and communicate effectively with Senior Commercial stakeholders using a common business language. They should have ability to understand and present business information in a relevant and compelling way.
• The incumbent will have a thorough understanding and innate capability of effective project management including elements of task scheduling, master scheduling, risk management and resource planning.
• The incumbent will have demonstrated an ability to lead high performing cross-functional teams, release energy and motivate teams to deliver stretching targets and goals.
• The Incumbent must have worked in manufacturing environments for 3 to 5 years.
• The Incumbent must have the ability to do end-to-end manufacturing gap analysis for people, process and equipment capability.
• A degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
• An ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across the Commercial, R&D and Supply Chain organizations.
• The ability to prioritize and work with multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
• Ability to deal with complexity and stakeholder management involving Commercial, R&D and Supply Chain.
• Knowledge of EHS, cGMP & Regulatory requirements, Financial P&L's and business case architecture, Logistics and Supply planning, business case for GMS manufacturing sites.
• Demonstrated problem solving abilities suitable for handling the highly complex issues associated with technical and supply problems.
• Excellent interpersonal and Leadership skills, particularly in the areas of directing, guiding and influencing others to establish plans and deliver goals to project deadlines.
• Ability to challenge existing practices and to introduce new ideas and change ways of working based on sound technical knowledge of NPI activities.
• Excellent project and process management skills gained within a complex matrix organization.
• Drive to ensure product robustness through a thorough scientific understanding of the product, manufacturing process, analytical methods and control strategy.
• Risk analysis tools and techniques e.g. force field analysis, FMEA, HAZOP/HACCP.
• Option analysis e.g. Kempner Tregoe / Quality Function deployment/ House of Quality/ Conjoint analysis etc.
• An advanced degree or qualification e.g. M.Sc, MBA or post graduate diploma
The job purpose of the NPI Manager is to lead and manage all supply chain related actives to deliver the innovation pipeline on time and in full. In essence, the NPI Manager is a credible and trusted business partner within the Nutrition & Digestive Health Global Category Team, representing the interests of GMS organization and supply sites. Conversely, the NPI manager represents Nutrition & Digestive Health Category within the GMS organization and manufacturing sites.
The NPI Manager will work with Commercial, R&D, Global Project Management, and manufacturing sites (including 3rd party manufacturers) in a matrix team and is accountable for establishing a high quality, robust supply chain for new products at the right cost and right first time.
The NPI Manager will be responsible for generating the supply plan for new product introduction and ensuring the supply chain is ready for manufacturing. Key focus will be on product sourcing decisions, manufacturing strategy, cost of goods, capital investment, and risk management.
The NPI Manager will represent the supply chain in cross-functional Joint Planning Sessions to generate milestones for new product launches and provide progress updates against key deliverables at core team meetings. They will ensure a formal agreement between commercial and manufacturing in the supply deliverables.
The NPI Manager will work with R&D on Quality by Design (QbD), Design to Value (DtV) Technical Transfer (TT) of new products, processes, and testing methodology meeting the required standards of quality and process capability.
The NPI Manager will be responsible for the manufacturing and technical sections of the Product Innovation Brief and the Design Intent Document. The NPI Manager is to ensure technical and business requirements, particularly around defining performance characteristics, criteria for acceptance, cost, and risks are properly captured in order to make go/no go decisions for product launch. The NPI Manager will review the development and technical transfer activities through the stage gate process against the QbD and DtV deliverables and provide a recommendation to the NPI Director on whether the project should pass the stage gate.
The NPI Manager is expected work with the Portfolio Complexity Reduction / Value Engineering Manager on product life cycle management. Through detailed analysis of the product portfolio and review of cost saving opportunities, make recommendations to the PMB and other governance bodies for portfolio simplification and value engineering initiatives.
• Ensure a high quality, robust supply chain is established for new products which meets on time launch and can fulfill future growth, market introductions and globalization plans.
• Ensure timely launch of new product in accordance with the Product Innovation Briefs (IB) / Project Charter and Design Intent Documents (DID) for the assigned portfolio of products.
• Lead functional and cross-functional NPI teams to deliver supply chain and site based activities to deliver the innovation on time and in full.
• Represent the supply chain in the project core project teams.
• Ensure that the supply chain e2e milestones are correctly set within the overall project timelines.
• Ensure supply chain stage gate deliverables are met and make recommendations to NPI Director in preparation for TRB and PMB governance meetings.
• Create the supply chain granular plan and have full accountability for its successful implementation to ensure the on-time and quality launch of new products.
• Monitor milestone progress and risk mitigation plans and communicate process or deviations in core team meetings.
• Generate and issue the Site Impact Assessment Brief (SIAB) for internal and external supply options. Make sourcing recommendation in line with CH Supply Sourcing Strategy and consultation with Manufacturing Strategy, Procurement, External Supply and Engineering stakeholders.
• Work with Quality to ensure all new material suppliers and third party contractors are approved for supply.
• Ensure project plans incorporate all supply chain and site based activities and are agreed with the manufacturing sites prior to firm commitment to launch markets.
• Provide Technical support to key acquisitions as part of due diligence on assigned projects
• Ensure appropriate cost of goods targets are set within the Innovation Brief to meet or exceed agreed category Gross Margin hurdle.
• Manage the cost of goods to meet agreed commercial target as per the Project Charter, through driving DtV, lean manufacturing and first intent principles within the development teams. Ensure stage gate deliverables are met.
• Collaborate with the project manager to write change control submissions to PMB for deviations from agreed targets.
• Work with Procurement to ensure maximum leverage is applied to purchasing raw material, components and equipment. Drive compliance with the raw material first intent and escalate exceptions through the governance process.
• Ensure capital investment is timely and accurately identified, secured, and implemented in accordance with agreed budgets.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.