GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. We take the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
NPI Leader - Wind Turbine Electrical Systems M/F
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Schenectady, Greenville, Barcelona, Salzbergen
The NPI (New Product Introduction) Leader - Wind Turbine Electrical Systems M/F will lead a cross functional, team in order to understand customer needs, analyze market conditions, define features or functions and ultimately deliver a product to suit those needs.
You will span many different activities from strategic to tactical, serve as an inter-disciplinary role between engineering-oriented teams and commercially oriented teams, and be responsible for planning, forecasting and marketing a product / service at all stages. As a member of subsystem technology product line team, the NPI Leader - Wind Turbine Electrical Systems M/F will be responsible for tying the team together to make sure customers get value and GE gets margin.
As the NPI Leader - Wind Turbine Electrical Systems M/F, you will:
• Define "Value add", cost targets for all the NPIs for Electrical systems (Converter, Generator, Cables, Transformer)
• Scope and define new products
• Develop and deliver machine head components on time
• Work cross functionally with other product line team (regional and platform and other subsystem), Engineering to drive technologies, tradeoffs
• Drive execution of NPIs for wind turbine machine head
• Drive modular, scalable component approach across all platforms
• Identify opportunities for process simplification, third party partnership to improve design and shipment cycle time
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Aero, or Materials Engineering from an accredited university or college or equivalent experience / knowledge
• Strong experience in Product Management in relevant field including strong experience in engineering / research in wind turbine drive train
• Ability and willingness to travel, as required
• For applicants for the US work location only: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• EU Work Permit if hired in Spain
For Applicants in Spain:
Non-national candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Master's Degree / PhD in Mechanical, Civil, Aero, or Materials Engineering from an accredited university or college or equivalent experience or knowledge
• Strong understanding of wind turbine system interaction
• Strong problem analysis and resolution skills
• Ability to summarize and communicate complex technical information
• Ability to work and influence stakeholders at all levels across the organization
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.