NPI Mfg and Field Quality Engineer works as part of New Product Introduction (NPI) team. Typically acts as a lead, coordinating the work of others- but not a supervisor. Works autonomously within established procedures and practices. NPI Quality strategy is to Define, Measure and Improve Applied Materials' NPI Organization KPI (Key Performance Indictor) which Enables and Drives a Cultural Shift to consistently Meet or Exceed Customers' Expectations. Key Responsibilities
- Works with New Product Introduction team upfront on lessons learned from previous systems to drive prevention. Also, works with cross-functional team on closure of quality issues found during build (known as manufacturing NC) and during install process (known as Field NC). Ensures quality data integrity.
- Performs startups through Tier III including process qualifications with assistance for selected key NPI systems. Understands all qualifications performed on tool and verifies operational quality (process qualification) of systems equipment including ability to use customer's metrology equipment. Plans for and completes all levels of preventative and corrective maintenance within timelines. Troubleshoots key technical issues at the component level. Diagnose and recommends solutions for complex system downs. Uses process data to diagnose hardware problems. Resolves some sustaining process issues on well characterized tools.
- Ensures the correct revs of procedures and schematics. Identifies and corrects procedural issues. Applies global best practices to solve problems for their customer. Occasionally contributes to global best practices. Creates methodologies and procedures as necessary. Participates in patent processes/discussions and documents IP as appropriate.
- Anticipates and responds to fab issues including communicating with CE's in other locations. Drives corrective processes through key stakeholders (PBG, Customer Spec owners, ECO owners, GPS, etc.) or escalates as appropriate. Communicates findings to others and provides suggestions to improve checklists and procedures. Participates in customer meetings and escalations.
- Within assigned scope, assist management in operation of site service business. Assists Applied Materials field management in establishing and achieving objectives for assigned accounts. Keeps field management informed on customer perception of system performance. Takes initiative to avoid and resolve customer problems. May occasionally initiate projects to drive down costs or increase uptime.
- Strong program management skills, including influence without authority, influencing, collaboration, driving large team meeting, publishing meeting minutes, tactical and strategic planning. Frequently presents to cross-functional team and top executives on Quality status, key challenges and next steps to drive quality improvement.
- Follows all checklists and procedures, including safety.
- Uses knowledge of how related teams impact achievement of objectives
- Understands the impact of various actions/decisions on the account(s). Takes initiative to avoid and resolve customer (internal and external) problems.
- May act as a team lead, may allocate work to more junior team member; provides subject matter guidance to more junior team members
- Leads NPI to Volume transition activity from quality perspective. Closely works with different manufacturing site representatives (SCLA, Austin and APC) for BKM (Best Known Method) sharing.
- Leads strategic quality initiatives, as needed.
- Gathers and analyzes data to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent. Demonstrates critical thinking and decision making.
- Evaluates and communicates technical and operational content in a clear, concise and comprehensive manner.
- Handle conflicts in constructive manner
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.