Arconic Power and Propulsion is a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. We are currently seeking a project leader with a hands-on style to join our LaPorte, Indiana operations. This position is responsible for managing Aerospace and Industrial Gas Turbine special projects within the Arconic Structural Casting group. The Program Manager will lead cross-functional teams from pre-quote and concurrent engineering through the production launch of assigned projects. They will ensure each project meets or exceeds original customer program commitments (on-time, regular, clear status updates, customer change impact, etc.), and internal commitments (delivered on time, within budget, at or below target cost and expected scrap rates). Major Activities / Key Challenges:
- Responsible for overall supply chain process readiness; define and maintain the program Plan of Record (POR); ensure all elements of the POR are fulfilled and communicate status to all key stakeholders; prepares and communicate escalations as required to keep program on track with POR milestones and goals; prepare project dashboards for review
- Responsible for timely and complete quotes to customers' requests - ensure quotes meet set business objectives; maintains quote history and provides analysis of win vs loss data and trends; provides feedback to management on quote activity
- Generate plans and strategies for assured success of established requirements
- Ensure that commercial and technical issues are managed to meet established requirements, and all deliverables are accurate, complete and timely.
- Develop processes for transitioning set deliverables to Operation
- Communicate quote and project status to all key stakeholders
- Lead and facilitate all requests for quote activity and new product/program introduction activity.
- Maintain detailed action lists for all projects, working closely with the engineering and operational teams to ensure they are completed on time and within the budget.
- Identify gaps and/or risks to project completion and drive mitigation plans to avoid delays or unnecessary expenses.
- Work with engineering and operations to remove roadblocks to ensure programs remain on-time and within budget.
- Ensure clear communication of meeting minutes including notes, assignments and highlights.
- Follow key PM processes and ensure adherence.
- All other duties as assigned
Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution
A minimum of 5 years of experience in product management/development.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires US person status. ITAR defines US person as an US Citizen, US Permanent Resident (ie Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or RefugeePreferred Qualifications
Program management experience is highly desired
Tooling design and/or CAD experience a plus
Familiarity of the investment casting business a plus
APQP/PFMEA/PPAP/SPC experience preferred
Knowledge of Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing a plus
APICS certification preferred