Recognized as an external thought leader within a strategic function or discipline. Influences the strategy to address internal or external business and customer issues. Proactively identifies and solves the most complex problems that impact the management and direction of the business. May participate in the development of the product or business strategy. Leads multidisciplinary projects or initiatives. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of individual capabilities and business requirements. Key Responsibilities:
- Technical program design expert providing oversight from conception and planning to implementation, including strategies, processes and resources. Ensures objectives are clearly defined and agreed to across the division in accordance with program budgets and release schedules.
- Responsible for managing long range schedule and task details by utilizing project management tools such as reports, tracking charts, checklist and project scheduling software.
- Drives allocated resources from other organizations to achieve on-time and within budget performance objectives for the project. Initiates and manages capital allocation requests, purchase requisitions, and purchase orders.
- Works with senior business group management team to ensure that such programs, strategies, and processes are aligned with the business unit's direction.
- Leads multifunctional design teams comprised of internal, external and/or matrixed headcount to complete project/program. Provides technical leadership to team members to achieve complex goals.
- Interfaces and coordinates with AGS and Product Group senior management to define program objectives, provide status updates and prepare for release and deployment.
- Applies engineering and business process expertise to program stakeholders within the business unit to solve complex programs/issues.
- Contributes and participates in technical review boards for assigned programs/projects.
- Experience in Services Supply Chain and Regional Sourcing
- Expert negotiation skills, preferably supplier facing
- Understanding of Semiconductor Capital Equipment New Product Introduction (NPI) processes and the impact to subsequent services business
- Technical acumen at the part and system product level (can read engineering drawings and determine key control parameters)
- Must understand key factors driving our customer base after-market business and how we can help solve services related HVPs
- Key partner with each Services Business Unit (SBU) and understand services business growth drivers and how our team will engage to make the SBU successful
- Leads highly visible multidisciplinary project teams or initiatives; provides thought leadership
- Professionally manage team of experienced program and supply chain managers
- Proactively identifies and solves the most complex problems; uses ground-breaking methods to think beyond existing solutions
- Impacts business direction through the development of innovative supply chain solutions supporting services business growth
- Influence management critical in driving senior AGS and Business Unit leadership, suppliers, and other internal clients to business decisions leading services business growth
Technical Bachelor's Degree Experience:
10 - 15 Years (Semi-Cap Equipment or other Capital Equipment Services ideal)
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.