Fully demonstrates in-depth knowledge and experience. Assigned as a resource for colleagues with less experience including as a coach/mentor. Works independently, receives guidance in only moderately complex situations.Key Responsibilities
- Develops, implements, and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Leads manufacturing engineering related projects as required.
- Interfaces with other engineering functions to coordinate the release of product improvements and/or new products. Drives manufacturing engineering ePLC deliverables. Launches, releases, approves and implements or issues engineering change requests as required to support design engineering and floor with new and existing products.
- Estimates manufacturing cost, determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements. Leads team in the use of DFx principles to reduce product costs and improve delivered product quality.
- Develops and uses test procedures, including assisting with the definition of test specifications with design / software engineering. May work with test engineering on the design and development of text fixtures. May assist in the coordination of test fixture sourcing activities.
- Determines root cause analysis for issues that arise during assembly and/or test of systems; drives correction actions; provides failure analysis report as required.
- Evaluates work methods, procedures and policies. Develops and maintains new business processes; edits as necessary to ensure current practices are documented. Mentors and trains lower level engineers.
- May coordinate outsourcing activities with external / internal suppliers.
- Performs Process Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis when working with New Product Development.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 - 7 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.