At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon is looking for Auxiliary Nuclear Fuel Handlers at our Byron Nuclear Station in Byron, IL. (Western IL)
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for the maintenance, surveillance and function as the primary operator of RefuelBridge for fuel movement; to perform related work as assigned. Typical examples of duties are:
1) Fuel receipt, inspection, preparation and movement.
2) Operation of cranes, systems and equipment associated with Fuel Handling activities.
3) All fuel pool activities involving such work as: cleanup, storage, loading of casks andpackaging of irradiated materials.
4) Dry cask storage activities including cask preparation, loading, drying and assisting withcask sealing, cask movement operations and storage.
5) Receiving, packaging of equipment for shipping, storing and preparing for use refuelequipment such as filter units, refuel tooling, lifting devices and plugs.
6) Level II V.T. inspections as assigned.
7) Support IVVVI and IS! work.
8) Assist with cavity wall washing and general decon activities of equipment and floors.
9) Cavity set-up for flood up and drain down, including installation and removal of equipmentsuch as flange protectors, cattle chutes and weir plates.
10) Installation and maintenance of foreign material exclusion (FME) areas around vessel andpools.
11) Retrieval of foreign materials as assigned.
12) Pre-outage set-up, mobilization and demobilization/restoration of the refuel floors, fuelbuildings and PWR containment as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
--High School diploma or equivalent
--Successful completion of screening exam (MASS) Successful completion of Targeted SelectionInterview
--Successful completion of Company Senior Fuel Handler training program (provided when enteringthe Auxiliary Fuel Handler position)
Upon qualification and completion of applicable training, this position could become a Senior FuelHandler. The overall determination of a person's performance may be a combination of written
examinations, job performance measures and observation of hands on performance.
3-5 years of previous experience in the following areas:
- Fuel Handling
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Heavy equipment operator
- COL license
- Material handling such as operation of fork lifts and cranes, hoists and grapples
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.