Nuclear Medicine Tech PRN
Under the general supervision of a physician, performs diagnostic and therapeutic treatments involving radiopharmaceuticals that aid in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
• Calculates the measurement of radiopharmaceuticals needed for diagnostic and therapeutic treatments under the direction of the physician
• Administers those solutions
• Expected to start IV's and urinary catheters
• Calibrate and maintain equipment: Geiger counter, scaler, scintillation detectors, etc.
• Assists with maintenance of files and encoding patient data
• Will be working with hazardous materials
• Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Graduation from an accredited Nuclear Medicine program.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Certified in Nuclear Medicine Technology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist or the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB); BLS upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of Nuclear Medicine laboratory principles and techniques. May require knowledge of Positron Emission Tomography and Computerized Tomography; Knowledge of the procedures governing the use and disposal of radioactive materials. Ability to prioritize work. Must be able to perform under stressful and emergency situations. Good communication skills and the ability to interact and work as a team with staff and medical personnel. Some computer skills.