Methodist Texsan Hospital, a campus of Methodist Hospital, excels in nearly all aspects of advanced cardiovascular services and is equipped with dedicated operating room suites and five functional heart catheterization labs. Orthopedic services, which include the famed Joint Replacement Academy, boast some of the best clinical results in the industry. Methodist Texsan Hospital's 30-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit is the newest in the community and takes a team approach to providing excellent rehabilitative care for its patients. The emergency room is full-service and its board-certified emergency medicine doctors work hard for the right clinical diagnosis who strive to take care of patients quickly and efficiently.
General Statement of Duties:
Responsible for the safety of the patient, keeping records as designated for quality control, quality assurance and state regulatory agencies. Insure handling, receipt, administration and disposal of radioactive materials.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Follows all regulations on the radioactive materials license set by the Texas Department of Health for that specific institution.
2. Administers radiopharmaceuticals to patients for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
3. Demonstrates competence in the area of nuclear medicine: positioning, physiology, procedure prep and technical factors. The technologist must also demonstrate proper handling of radiopharmaceuticals and record keeping according to Nuclear Medicine guidelines.
4. Demonstrate proper use of the Radiology Information System to include scheduling exams, completion of exams, patient and film tracking and entering of charges according to procedures performed.
5. Checks label of isotope to be injected carefully and assay it while observing all radiation safety regulations.
6. Facilitates and participates in current and future Radiology Department CQI monitoring and implement changes accordingly. Employees shall assist in collection of data, reviewing and revising the CQI program to be in compliance with accrediting agencies, hospital goals, departmental Policies and Procedures. All employees shall demonstrate knowledge and responsibility for ongoing CQI.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: ONE of the following:
A. Graduate of a Nuclear Medicine training program
B. ALL of the following:
i.Graduate of Radiology Technologist program
ii.Both registry/certification requirements listed below
iii.One year experience as a nuclear medicine technologist
None (see Education requirement above for exception under 1.B.)
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
2 years previous experience as a nuclear medicine technologist in a hospital setting
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Department of Health
2. Must have ONE of the following within six months of hire date:
i. ARRT (N) or
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom