At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon Nuclear corporate is looking for a Nuclear Oversight Site Auditor to work out of our Clinton Station in Clinton, IL (Central IL)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide leadership and technical expertise to a team of professionals conducting regulatory required Audit activities. Provide assistance in the development of audit strategic plans, schedules, observations and performance measurement including fleet reports to ensure comprehensive and timely oversight. Assures, based on type of oversight being conducted, that applicable regulatory requirements and commitments are met. Assesses the performance of line organizations to procedure requirements, policies, expected behaviors and management expectations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible and accountable for performing site audits and communicating the results such that performance weaknesses are recognized and communicated as necessary to maintain fleet regulatory compliance and performance.
- Conducts or participates in comprehensive audits of site organizations to assure program adequacy and implementation effectiveness. Conducts audit preparation including development of required checklists and writing final reports. Provides direction to team members to ensure effective communication of all deficiencies encountered during the oversight conducted. Participates with a team of auditors that travel to multiple sites to complete audits.
- Track and follow-up deficiencies and findings identified during audits, as assigned.
- Analyzes findings/issues/non-conformances identified during audits to determine program quality and identify performance trends. This analysis includes all available oversight results, both internal and external, and trending data. Results are communicated to senior management.
- Provides written and verbal briefings Exelon Nuclear senior management regarding the scope, status, and conclusions of audits. Provides input as necessary in support of comparative audit reports and site rollup activities.
- Provides input into improvements for the audit program. This input would include recommendation for the scoping, scheduling, and conduct of future audits.
- Perform special assignments and support other fleet NOS organization needs as assigned.
- Assures through research, communication, and industry knowledge that current regulatory requirements, codes and standards are utilized to effectively prepare and conduct audits.
- BS (Technical or Science) with minimum 6 years professional experience in power plant design, operations, maintenance, or other nuclear related activities
- Minimum 10 years experience in power plant design, operations, maintenance, or other nuclear related activities with at least 5 years being equivalent supervisory/management level technical experience or quality assurance related
- Demonstrated ability to interface with Senior Station Management and clearly communicate issues
- Plans and leads audit activities in a specific area, function, or process. The position requires travel, up to approximately 13 weeks per year, primarily within the home region, to participate on an audit team that plans and audits various regulatory required functions at multiple sites. Reviews audit results to evaluate adequacy of programs and implementation effectiveness. Determine if an audit finding should be issued. Determine if, based on severity of identified issues, stop work of the program is required or recommended. Evaluates and analyzes performance issues to provide input to performance assessment. Assists in making determinations of audit performance. Some individuals in this role may be assigned collateral duties as an Employee Concerns Site Representative. In this role, the individuals will be responsible for implementation of the Exelon ECP program.
- This position typically is a line rotational assignment and as such may be used for supervisory development.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster