Portsmouth Regional is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is also one of the area's largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center
on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
Medical and Oncology Unit:
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- The unit has 38 Beds
- The unit has 8 virtual rooms
- The average daily census is 32
- Patient Population: The unit takes care of your usual medical, oncology/dialysis, and detox patients.
- Manages the fiscal and clinical operations of assigned area(s) of responsibility and recommends sufficient number of qualified competent persons to provide care.
- Participates in outside source selection for needed services.
- Develops department budget in collaboration with CNO.
- Integrates department services with the hospitals primary function maintaining communication with medical and nursing staffs, Administration, patients and their families/significant other. Coordinates and integrates services within departments.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support provision of services. Supervises nursing staff and assures staff competency.
- Conducts ongoing assessment and improvement of the department's performance. Promotes the Quality Management program of the facility maintaining appropriate quality control programs (where applicable). Oversees and drives performance in quality metrics, patient safety and clinical excellence initiatives
- Participates in strategic planning: Develops, markets, implements, and evaluates new services and programs recommending space and resources needed.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
3 to 7 years of relevant nursing experience
Preferred- Previous experience in Nursing Director capacity EDUCATION
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing and a BSN SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
Preferred ACLS LICENSURE
Required- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of NH as a registered nurse
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom