LewisGale Hospital Pulaski (LGHP) is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia . Pulaski is considered a neighbor to the Virginia Tech Hokie
community and is a short 45 minute drive from Roanoke, VA. The HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) hospital is a 147-bed acute care facility with more than 350 employees and has been recognized by Joint Commission as a Top Performer . The medical staff includes a wide range of primary care and specialty care physicians, including Cardiology, Otolaryngology, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Urology and Oncology as well as Hospitalists. Here is some additional information regarding the LGHP Medical/Surgical Unit:
Duties and responsibilities include those required of the RN Job description in addition to :
- Atypical Med/Surg unit
- Includes Telemetry and Progress Care Unit populations
- Non- titratable drips and continuous cardiac monitoring
- Orthopedic, cardiac, stroke populations serviced in addition to the general medical surgical population
- Nurse to patient ratios based on acuity
- A supportive environment focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification (add)
- Performs selected patient care responsibilities under the supervision of an RN Mentor including but not limited to the insertion and discontinuing of Foley catheters, Nasogastric Tubes, Intravenous peripheral lines, basic clean and sterile wound care and dressing change, oral care and suctioning, application and monitoring of O2, EKG, and IV pump clearing.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify unusual circumstances in the patient care environment. Provides immediate support, as needed, under supervision of RN Mentor in effort to facilitate patient care.
- Professionalism through interaction and communication with co-workers, patients, families, physicians and other departments.
- Demonstrates awareness of current problems, provides immediate support under supervision of RN Mentor, to facilitate patient care.
- Participates in Interdepartmental rounds daily, monitoring that evidence based care, unit/hospital standards of care and core measures are being met.
- Under guidance of RN Mentor, facilitates Performance Improvement activities.
- Demonstrates teamwork, flexibility and creative problem-solving skills when dealing with others including those culturally diverse, departmental staff, physicians, patients, or families. Provides excellent customer service and is front line in Service Recovery if required.
Required - Successful completion of at least one Adult Medical/Surgical clinical within their Nursing Education program. In good standing as a Nursing Student. EDUCATION
Required - Currently enrolled in an accredited school of nursing. BLS certification. LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
Required - None