Nurse Extern PRN
Provides direct and indirect nursing services to the patient under the supervision of the professional nurse and performs tasks necessary to the functioning of a unit of the department.
- Performs direct patient care as assigned by the registered nurse and reports observations, results of procedures and patient/family needs to appropriate person.
- Performs psychomotor skills as outlined during educational training and orientation process.
- Utilize computer or handheld device for documentation.
- Attends work as scheduled, on time, and prepared to perform job duties.
- Delivers patient care and/or department service in a safe, competent, and efficient manner as determined by outcomes, quality monitors, and other internal and external processes.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships and conducts self to contribute positively to the delivery of quality care and services, and to orderly operation of the department and the facility.
- Maintains and enhances skills through consultation with interdisciplinary team members, participation in planning activities, and attendance at in-service and continuing education programs.
- Follows established guidelines for compliance with Infection Prevention and TJC Patient Safety Goals and Practices.
- High school diploma/GED, successful completion of Fundamentals in Nursing (1 st semester nursing school curriculum) with appropriate documentation
- No employment experience is required, completion of Nursing School course as above and active enrollment in good standing with nursing program is required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom