Job Summary Primary Role
Responsible for the general supervision of the center area training program. Is able to perform all technical tasks required within the work areas. Provides assistance to management to achieve business goals.Essential Functions Responsibilities
- Perform duties associated with Training (including but not limited to): (50%)
- Maintains complete and accurate records to ensure that all personnel are competent to perform their assigned duties.
- Reviews employee training materials to meet initial and annual certification requirements.
- Ensures timely completion of cross-training and annual re-certification training.
- Ensures that employees are trained and committed to meet customer service expectations.
- Monitors center training needs and performs cross-training, re-training, SOP training, preventative action training and other training as needed.
- Works closely with the Facility Manager, QMR and management team to communicate center/employee needs as they relate to training.
- Fosters teamwork. Works collaboratively with staff, peers, and management to achieve business goals. Communicates continuously and resolves conflicts proactively.
- Communicates regularly with the Center Manager to ensure compliance with training requirements and that adequate support is provided to employees in the work area.
- Review Quality Control Records as applicable and assigned
- Coordinates and performs new employee orientation, including company background, health and safety requirements, policies and procedures and other company expectations. Understands Affirmative Action practices and is actively involved in employment application pre-screening and interviewing process for center staff. (20%)
- Effectively manages the production area (donor floor/customer service) motivates and encourages employees to meet their performance goals, and comply with company quality standards and procedures. (25%)
Education & Experience Requirements Essential:
- Maintain certification and perform required duties (including, but not limited to) the following roles: (5%)
- Medical History (PCT)
- Phlebotomy (SPCT, ASPCT, MPCT)
- Sample Processing (SPT, SSPT)
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Desired:
Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred. Key Skills and Competencies
- Living our leadership behaviors is a basic expectation for all Shire employees. Shire expects all employees to embody the following:
Other Job Components Complexity and Problem Solving
- Be Positive
- Be Accountable
- Be Results Oriented
- Be An Excellent Manager of Self and Others
- Ability to read, interpret and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records.
- Demonstrated work history of above average performance, customer service, and attendance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and direct the work of others and resolve conflicts effectively.
Internal and External Contacts
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Refers to Plasma Center Manager for guidance on complex, medium-impact or above and urgent decisions (internal)
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns (internal)
- Reports to Plasma Center Manager (Internal)
- Consults and coordinates directly with the center management on training concerns within the plasma center.
- Advises and coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem solve, ensure timely and adequate training is received, and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional environment.
- Attend monthly staff meetings. Actively participates in staff meetings. Encourages employee involvement in committee meetings.
- May be responsible to support and conduct other projects as assigned by the Training Supervisor or Center Management
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand for the entire work shift.
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching above the shoulders and below the knee.
- Requires frequent lifting up to 26 lbs. and occasional lifting of materials 32 lbs. - 50 lbs.
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of production based work tasks require pro-longed glove wear.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.