Osceola Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited 318-bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. Osceola Regional is conveniently and centrally located in Heart of Kissimmee only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana. Completed in April 1997 with over $125 million in expansions, Osceola Regional Medical Center is designed to be patient friendly that blends comprehensive state-of-the-art medical technology with the highest level of comfort and convenience possible for patients and visitors. We are committed to continually enhancing the standard of healthcare by providing services to include: Emergency Care , Trauma Care , Pediatric ER , Heart & Vascular Institute , Advanced Primary Stroke Center , The Baby Suites maternity care , Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level II , Women's Services , Behavioral Health , Orthopedics & Spine and a Graduate Medical Education Program . We also expand our care to the community with our freestanding Emergency Department at Hunter's Creek ER .
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides leadership and directs functions of assigned patient care area on a 24 hour basis; ensure effective delivery of clinical patient care and compliance with administrative and clinical policies and procedures.
- Directs the continuity of care through demonstrated use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. Collaborates and shares pertinent patient information with physicians, patients, and other members of the healthcare team regarding patient progress, and treatment.
- Develops and implements ongoing programs to measure, monitor, assesses and to improve quality of nursing care delivered to patients. Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting core measure, patient safety, and service excellence goals in assigned units.
- Ensures the effective coordination of the patient's care with other services and departments throughout the hospital.
- Ensures provision of quality care and services by maintaining appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
- Fosters a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Ensures patient communication and explanation of care is provided in a way that can be easily understood by patients and their families. Ensures patient family is informed of patient status.
- Fosters effective departmental communication and collaboration with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs.
- Oversees effective discharge planning through coordination with physicians and case management. Ensures staff provides appropriate discharge instructions, information, explanation, and referral to appropriate community resources.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for ensuring effective pain management practices are in place and operational in area(s) of responsibility.
Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred Experience:
Minimum 3 year Cath Lab RN experience in acute care setting; 1 year supervisory experience preferred Licensure/Certification:
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license; or ARNP; or RCIS Certification
- Current Basic Life Support / ACLS
Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, proficient computer skills.