North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC) and Lake City Medical Center (LCMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care , oncology , orthopedics , neurosciences , minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery , weight loss surgery and treatment , women's health and wound therapy , among other services. Position Summary: FREE-STANDING EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT (W. Newberry Road and 122nd St. Gainesville FL)
Responsible for the direct and indirect nursing care for patients on the Clinical Unit. Additionally, in collaboration with the Director, is responsible for the quality of nursing care provided consistent with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the organization. Provides leadership and management of the staff in the implementation of the nursing process. Participates in and materially influences the selection, development, discipline, and evaluation of staff.
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Correlates theoretical knowledge with clinical practice by using Nursing Process.
- Cooperates with other health team members in achieving common goal of quality health care and supporting all quality initiatives.
- Adheres to legal responsibilities as written in The State of Florida Nurse Practice Act.
- Conducts self as professional role model and serves as clinical consultant for staff.
- Demonstrates effective leadership for staff in the clinical area.
- Responsible for daily staffing of the unit (as designated by the Director) to meet the patient care needs.
- Assists the Director in maintaining the unit budget.
- Demonstrates accountability and effectiveness in adherence to staffing guidelines and utilization of Facility Scheduler.
- Demonstrates accountability and effectiveness in the management of utilization of supplies and equipment.
- Participates in the data collection, preparation and presentation of employee performance evaluations in conjunction with the Director.
- Participates in the development and presentation of staff meetings.
- Responsible for orientation, in-service training and continuing education of all persons in the department/service.
- Plans and supervises an individualized orientation for new employees.
- Determines need and provides for in-service and continuing education of staff.
- Identifies, discusses and participates in the resolution of patient and departmental needs/issues through the:
- Performance of daily patient rounds
- Maintains collegial and collaborative physician relationships.
- Participation in weekly discharge planning conferences.
- Evaluation of clinical performance of staff.
- Counsels employees and provides documentation of exemplary and unsatisfactory work performance in a timely manner, assuring appropriate follow-up.
- Fosters an environment of engaged employees, who are committed to service excellence.
- Establishes trust, respect and open communications among staff and customer groups.
- Serves as a role model for establishing and achieving appropriate work priorities.
- Shares responsibility, recognition and ownership of team goals and results.
Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing. BSN & MSN preferred. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
2 to 3 years hospital clinical nursing experience plus 1 year of supervisory experience. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated skills in organization, verbal and written communications, customer service, math, analysis, reading, following instruction, basic computer usage. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
RN license in the State of Florida. BLS.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom