Putnam Community Medical Center (PCMC), a 99-bed, acute care facility, located at 611 Zeagler Dr, in Palatka, provides the latest technology with the assurance of highly trained, caring professionals to the residents of Putnam County. The hospital serves North Central Florida with a full complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
The hospital provides individualized care directed to the specific needs of each patient. Putnam Community Medical Center offers a 10-bed Intensive/Critical Care Unit, Step-Down Care Unit, Cardiac Cath Lab, medical and surgical units, family birthplace center, and a 24-hour emergency department. We also provide inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. Nurse Manager - Emergency Services
- Support PCMC's hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities
- Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, and Nurse Director is responsible for the strategic and day to day operations of Nursing Units.
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED Education
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees
- Champion PCMC's mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company
- Facilitation and oversight of the Nursing Unit and the delivery of safe, timely, effective services to patients, physicians, families and hospital staff
- Ensures a safe, clean, sterile environment for patient care
- Ensures the effective review, selection and maintenance of Nursing Unit inventory. Ensures financial stewardship of the Nursing Unit budget and expense control. Forecasts fiscal impact of trends and current and future technological changes affecting the preparation and implementation of the facility budget.
- Provides, and ensures compliance with guidelines for measuring the quality of patient care, based on accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Ensures clear, concise and current written policies and procedures are available to assist the nursing staff and minimize risk factors.
- Ensures that department policies are current, appropriate and communicated to Nursing Unit staff and Physicians. Interprets and applies policies as appropriate.
- Determines staffing requirements and patterns, based on scope of services, complexity of patient acuity and fiscal resources.
- Is responsible for effective staffing the Nursing Unit. Including interviewing, selection, on-boarding and orientation, retention, training, development, and corrective action of all staff.
- Ensures compliance with all life safety and environment requirements including surveillance, safety rounding, reporting, and corrective action of deficiencies.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, State, and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensures compliance with patient confidentiality
- Attends, provides reporting and represents the department at a variety of internal and external meetings.
: Diploma or A.D.N.
required, B.S.N or MSN preferred Experience
: Four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration:
Current State of Florida Registered Nurse licensure; Current BCLS and ACLS certification or Basic EKG or Arrhythmia Identification certification. Other Minimum Qualifications:
Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively get work done through others. Excellent computer skills, can demonstrate effective verbal and written communications skills including listening and team work ability. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively resolve difficult issues, conflicts and contradictory view points. Knowledge of how to conduct results oriented crucial conversations with physicians, and employees. Ability to be compassionate and supportive of difficult family and patient communications.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Please visit http://pcmcfl.com/ for more facility information.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom