The Woman's Hospital of Texas - Houston, TX Nurse Manager (RN) - Pre-Op/Recovery The Woman's Hospital of Texas
opened in 1976 and ever since has remained the state's premier facility dedicated solely to the health of women and newborn infants. Located near the Texas Medical Center, Woman's offers 397 licensed beds, including a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and a full range of women's health services and newborn infants.
More than 650 board-certified physicians at Woman's offer their expertise and an outstanding level of quality care in the areas of gynecology, obstetrical care, high-risk pregnancy and minimally invasive surgery.The Woman's Hospital of Texas
is currently looking for a Nurse Manager (RN) - Pre-Op/Recovery. Responsibilities:
- Develops and administers services as necessary to include nursing care.
- Promotes a multidisciplinary coordination of services, such as nursing, medical, respiratory care, laboratory pharmaceutical and public relations.
- Participates in budgetary formulation and control for areas of responsibility in collaboration with the Nurse Director.
- Administer and appraise Process Improvement within the services provided.
- Control processes related to Human Resources; inclusive of hiring, evaluating, terminating, counseling, coaching, and development of staff.
- Directs and approve the practice of professional nursing and support positions with the services provided to maintain quality patient care through implementation and evaluation of clinical practice standards.
- Develop, interpret, inspect and review policies and procedures within the services provided.
- Develop, institute, review and implement Disaster Preparedness policies and procedures for the organization.
- Responsible for twenty-four hour coverage and problem resolution to the services provided.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSN required
- MSN, RNC preferred
- Three (3) years of Manager experience is preferred. Five (5) years of experience in a Recovery/Pre-Op setting is required.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in Texas
- BCLS, ACLS, and PALS is required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom