Capital Regional Medical Center (CRMC) is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER , Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER . We also offer a Bariatric Center , Behavioral Health Center , Cancer Center , Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center , Family Center , Heart & Vascular Center , Orthopedic Center , Physical Therapy Services , Senior First , Sleep Center , Stroke Center, Surgical Services , Wound Healing Center , Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices , and more. POSITION SUMMARY:
To administer, analyze and appraise the care given to patients within the Department. To advise the Department Director regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections, quality improvement processes. To anticipate and estimate future needs of the Department to improve quality of patient care. Collaborate and coordinate the efforts of the staff of the Department to accomplish the mission of CRMC. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Develops and administers unit specific services as necessary.
- Promotes a multidisciplinary coordination of services, such as, nursing medical, respiratory care, laboratory, pharmaceutical and public relations.
- Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing, and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operation are of the nursing unit.
- Administers and appraises Quality Improvement within the services provided.
- Works with director on the hiring, evaluating, terminating, counseling, coaching and development of staff.
- Manages the practice of professional nursing and support positions within the unit to maintain quality patient care through implementation and evaluation of clinical practice standards.
- Works with director to develop, interpret, inspect and review policies and procedures within the services provided.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy and protection of confidential information.
- Participates in planning and implementing patient care strategies and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response, monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychological status, takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- State of Florida RN License required
- BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required
- ACLS required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- 2 years of Acute care experience as a RN is required
- Management experience preferred
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills