Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood, Texas Nurse Manager (RN) - Emergency Room (ER) Shift: Full-time 5p-1a
The Emergency Room
is a fully functional level III emergency services provider and is the EMS provider of choice in the area. It is a 24-hour provider of emergency and urgent care services. The care rendered reflects the availability of services provided by Kingwood Medical Center. The ED is accessible via with ambulance stretcher entrance, helipad and ambulatory patient access, and has 24 patient care treatment rooms in addition to a triage examination area. Medical and oversight leadership is provided by a qualified Medical Director board certified in Emergency Medicine. The services provided by the Emergency Department include, but are not limited to:
Kingwood Medical Center
- Nursing triage and assessment procedures
- Cardiac emergency care and management
- Pediatric emergency care and management
- Orthopedic emergency care, management and procedures
- Ear, nose and throat basic care, management and procedures
- General medical emergency care, management and procedures
- Trauma stabilization, wound care, suturing, and related management
- Medications and intravenous fluid administration
- Stroke emergency care and management
is currently looking for a Nurse Manager (RN) - Emergency Room (ER). Responsibilities:
- The Nursing Manager is a registered nurse with twenty-four hour (24) - Seven (7) day/week, responsibility for all operational aspects of their respective unit, this will be a flexible position in order to accommodate meeting and other day hour obligations.
- Must be able to endure long periods of stress and make competent decisions concerning unit operations and possess the ability to utilize healthy coping skills to manage change, crisis and human relations issues.
- The position encompasses human resource management, including recommending sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care; financial and clinical management, and the provision and development of professional leadership.
- The Nursing Manager establishes departmental goals and objectives that ensure high quality, cost-effective patient care, while working collaboratively to integrate the goals of their department with those at Kingwood Medical Center.
- The philosophy of continuous quality improvement (CQI) is integrated by the Nursing Supervisor into all ongoing operations and activities of the department.
- The Nursing Manager is expected to provide relief staffing within their unit, and to apply knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate/infant child, adolescent and adult population.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN required
- 5 or more years recent clinical experience as an Emergency Room RN preferred
- 3 years progressive nursing management experience preferred
- Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association required
- Current ACLS from the American Heart Association within 90 days of hire
- Current PALS from the American Heart Association within 180 days of hire
- Current TNCC from Emergency Nurses Association within 180 days of hire
- CEN preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom