Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood, Texas Nurse Manager - Medical North Kingwood Medical Center
is currently looking for a Nurse Manager -Medical North. Responsibilities:
- The Nursing Supervisor is a registered nurse with twenty-four hour (24) - Seven (7) day/week, responsibility for all operational aspects of their respective unit.
- The position encompasses human resource management, including recommending sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care; financial and clinical management, and the provision and development of professional leadership.
- The Nursing Supervisor establishes departmental goals and objectives that ensure high quality, cost-effective patient care, while working collaboratively to integrate the goals of their department with those at Kingwood Medical Center.
- The philosophy of continuous quality improvement (CQI) is integrated by the Nursing Supervisor into all ongoing operations and activities of the department.
- The Nursing Supervisor is expected to provide relief staffing within their unit, and to apply knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate/infant child, adolescent and adult population.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN
- MSN preferred
- Five (5) years recent clinical experience as an RN
- Three (3) years progressive nursing management preferred
- Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association
- Current ACLS from the American Heart Association within 90 days of hire
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom