Rio Grande Regional Medical Center - McAllen, Texas Nurse Manager (RN) - Surgical Services Rio Grande Regional
is currently looking for a Nurse Manager (RN) - Surgical Services. Responsibilities:
- Monitors and manages unit costs, and safely and thoroughly develops effective schedules (Facility Scheduler and payroll management).
- Effectively leads staff, in collaboration with the department director, through application of: Departmental, Divisional and Human Resource policies and procedures; manages and monitors significant changes reflected in PLUS; monitors Quality Data.
- Manages strategies to obtain and maintain patient satisfaction goals.
- Facilitates the use of patient safety tools within the organization.
- Supervises personnel performance. Identifies staff development needs and provides plan to improve deficiencies or advance the level of practice, through either further orientation and/or education. Counsels/evaluates direct reports as delegated by the Director of Surgical Services.
- Promotes a positive image of Surgical Services/Rio Grande Regional in all interactions and presents a positive role model to those he/she supervises.
- Conducts Interdisciplinary case conferences on a regular/as needed basis.
- Makes daily patient, employee and physician rounds, demonstrating a commitment to customer satisfaction and an attitude that values customers, both internal and external.
- Collects quality data and formulates/implements action plan to improve quality of services.
- Maintains professional accountability: demonstrates unit specific competencies/skills, maintains nursing licensure/certifications, collaborates with other health care providers, participates in in-service education, participates in hospital committees, pursues advanced educational opportunities, and participates in nursing research projects.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing. BSN required.
- Current TX RN licensure
- American Heart Association (Health Care Provider) BLS required
- Previous clinical experience in the Operating Room required.
- CNOR preferred.