Rio Grande Regional Medical Center - McAllen, Texas Nurse Manager (RN) - Surgical Services Rio Grande Regional
is currently looking for a Nurse Manager (RN) - Surgical Services. Responsibilities:
- Monitors and manages unit costs, and safely and thoroughly develops effective schedules (Facility Scheduler and payroll management).
- Effectively leads staff, in collaboration with the department director, through application of: Departmental, Divisional and Human Resource policies and procedures; manages and monitors significant changes reflected in PLUS; monitors Quality Data.
- Manages strategies to obtain and maintain patient satisfaction goals.
- Facilitates the use of patient safety tools within the organization.
- Supervises personnel performance. Identifies staff development needs and provides plan to improve deficiencies or advance the level of practice, through either further orientation and/or education. Counsels/evaluates direct reports as delegated by the Director of Surgical Services.
- Promotes a positive image of Surgical Services/Rio Grande Regional in all interactions and presents a positive role model to those he/she supervises.
- Conducts Interdisciplinary case conferences on a regular/as needed basis.
- Makes daily patient, employee and physician rounds, demonstrating a commitment to customer satisfaction and an attitude that values customers, both internal and external.
- Collects quality data and formulates/implements action plan to improve quality of services.
- Maintains professional accountability: demonstrates unit specific competencies/skills, maintains nursing licensure/certifications, collaborates with other health care providers, participates in in-service education, participates in hospital committees, pursues advanced educational opportunities, and participates in nursing research projects.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing. BSN required.
- Current TX RN licensure
- American Heart Association (Health Care Provider) BLS required
- Previous clinical experience in the Operating Room required.
- CNOR preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom