Anthem is one of the nation's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 company. At Anthem, we are dedicated to improving the lives of the people we serve and the health of our communities. Anthem strives to simplify the connection between health, care, and value for our customers.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to take your career further than you can imagine.
Nurse Medical Management I/II/Sr
Must reside in either California or Colorado.
/Positions will be filled by the level of expertise of candidates./
Responsible to collaborate with healthcare providers and members to promote quality member outcomes, to optimize member benefits, and to promote effective use of resources. Ensures medically appropriate, high quality, cost effective care through assessing the medical necessity of inpatient admissions, outpatient services, focused surgical and diagnostic procedures, out of network services, and appropriateness of treatment setting by utilizing the applicable medical policy and industry standards, accurately interpreting benefits and managed care products, and steering members to appropriate providers, programs or community resources. Works with medical directors in interpreting appropriateness of care and accurate claims payment. May also manage appeals for services denied. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Conducts pre-certification, continued stay review, care coordination, or discharge planning for appropriateness of treatment setting reviews to ensure compliance with applicable criteria, medical policy, and member eligibility, benefits, and contracts.
• Ensures member access to medical necessary, quality healthcare in a cost effective setting according to contract.
• Consult with clinical reviewers and/or medical directors to ensure medically appropriate, high quality, cost effective care throughout the medical management process.
• Collaborates with providers to assess members needs for early identification of and proactive planning for discharge planning.
• Facilitates member care transition through the healthcare continuum and refers treatment plans/plan of care to clinical reviewers as required and does not issue non-certifications.
• Facilitates accreditation by knowing, understanding, correctly interpreting, and accurately applying accrediting and regulatory requirements and standards.
Requires current active unrestricted RN license to preactice as a health professional within the scope of pracice in applicable state(s) or territory of the United States and 2 years acute care clinical experience. Requires strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2015 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Nurse Medical Mgmt I/II/Sr Thousand Oaks, CA or Colorado (133197)
Location: new mexico-Albuquerque
Requisition ID: 133197
A little about us:
We have shared values and a similar mission.