Putnam Community Medical Center
, a 99-bed, acute care facility, located at 611 Zeagler Drive, in Palatka, provides the latest technology with the assurance of highly trained, caring professionals to the residents of Putnam County. The hospital serves North Central Florida with a full complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
The hospital provides individualized care directed to the specific needs of each patient. Putnam Community Medical Center offers a 10-bed Intensive/Critical Care Unit, Step-Down Care Unit, Cardiac Cath Lab, medical and surgical units, family birthplace center, and a 24-hour emergency department. We also provide inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
The nurse navigator oversees the program to support the navigation of patients through healthcare environments for optimization of care and outcomes. Will facilitate patient follow up in order to improve continuity of care and streamline the intervention process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, patients and caregivers to provide resources and assistance with accessing clinical and supportive care services. Essential Job Functions:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Reviews patient case lists to identify patients that could benefit from program.
- Communicates with physicians about patients' potential for referral
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Facilitates the development of a patient specific teaching plan.
- Educates patient and families regarding planned procedures, medications and treatments.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Plans and delivers weekly status updates.
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing required or completion of BSN within 18 months of hire.
- Advanced Degree in related field preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- State of Florida RN License required
- BLS required upon hire
- Minimum three (3) to (5) years related experience preferred
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom