Nurse Navigator, Oncology Nurse- Cancer Services - FT - Days Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center
is a licensed 404 bed acute care facility. Fully accredited by the Joint Commission, Los Robles Hospital has the only Level II Trauma Center in Eastern Ventura County and the only Emergency Room in both Los Angeles and Ventura counties coveted EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating. In addition, it is the only hospital certified by both counties as a STEMI designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response and is a certified Primary Stroke Center. With over 600 physicians on its medical staff, representing over 50 medical specialties, Los Robles is proud to be the community's most trusted resource for health and a regional destination for care. Our Mission Statement:
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Our Values Statement:
In pursuit of our mission, we believe the following value statements are essential and timeless:
- We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual.
- We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness.
- We act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
- We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect, and dignity.
- We value all people and their diverse perspectives, skills, experiences, and opinions
We are committed to being the community's most trusted resource for health, and a regional destination for care. Job Summary:
An oncology nurse navigator
is an educator, advocate, interpreter and counselor for the patient and their caregivers throughout their cancer care experience.
- Ensuring all patients with an oncologic diagnosis receive quality and comprehensive services
- Gathers, analyzes data and issues recommendations to improve service line quality indicator performance.
- She/he serves as a clinical resource with expertise in hematology/oncology care management.
- Acts as ambassador and representative of the Oncology Program in community events and markets/promotes service line to increase business volume for the Hospital.
- Serves as a resource to patients, families, staff and physicians for care options throughout the medical center
- This position will also work with palliative care patients
- Initial referral assessment and education of patient and families for maximum comfort and function of total patient
- Continuous communication to assure goals of care are mutually set and understood by patient, multidisciplinary care team and families.
- Identify appropriate care setting and arrange transfer if required- GIP, House of Hope, board and care, home hospice or palliative care
- Follow Up with Existing patients
ter comfort orders or other modifications to care plans
- Current California RN License.
- Master's Degree in Nursing Science.
- California CNS Certification in Oncology or eligibility and completion within 12 months of hire.
- 3 years of nursing experience, 2 years recent oncology experience preferred.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider or American Red Cross Professional Rescuer CPR certification.
- ONS certification preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom